Friday, July 25, 2003

Socks, Film, And Sellotape

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, due mostly to my oh-so-busy metropolitan lifestyle, but at least that means I now have something to say.

I finally managed to get three chapters of my dissertation typed up, just so that I could entrust them to the Greek island postal service. Posting them would have been far easier without my usual level of incompetence. I mean, buying envelopes that are too small? Failing to check the size of the envelopes before sticking the labels on them? Having to arse about in the Post Office with new envelopes and scissors and labels and sellotape? To think they gave me a degree…

On the plus side, Ned has returned from New York, so we were able to get very drunk in the UCL Union for the first time in months. I find that being the drunk guy on the tube means that I don’t have to worry about the drunk guy on the tube.

Progress has also been made on the film front. Me and Emily The Housemate now have a basic skeleton of events for the script. We managed to accomplish this with only one “difference of opinion”, about the contents of a cupboard. She won.

I would be going into London now, but all of my socks are in the washing machine. Y'see what I mean about the lack of competance?

No comments: