Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Alcohol, Transvestism, And Murder

Again, apologies for the gap, but I’ve been trying to make something legible out of Saturday’s events. I couldn’t mention it here before, but we had a surprise murder mystery party for Timo’s graduation. Due to a lack of enough women to play the female parts, I volunteered to cross-dress for the evening. I took this seriously enough to shave my legs, under the instruction of Jen. I don’t think I ever realised how long it takes to shave legs. I also learned that makeup makes me much, much, prettier, though.

The party itself went very well. I wasn’t the murderer or the victim, and almost succeeded in all my goals. After the game had finished, this party, like all the others, turned into a drunken epic. Unlike all the others, I actually made it to 5:30 in the morning, and got drunk enough to reveal some of my hidden angst to at least one housemate. Hooray for vast quantities of Becks!

Sunday was spent nursing a hangover and apologising to Ned for going AWOL after promising to join him on some cultural events. We’ll find Karl Marx’s grave some other time.

New housemate Barbara, from Austria, has just arrived. We already like her, ‘cos she brought us Austrian chocolate. I also just found out that Vicky from college will be coming to London soon, which is cool.

No comments: