Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Over The Edge

It finally happened: two days ago I ceased to be a Student and became Something More Than Student. It ended with a questionnaire, an envelope, and a pile of dissertations. For around fifteen minutes I held in my hands the result of months of labour, and then it was gone.

Afterwards I walked around UCL. The international undergraduates had arrived. It was weird for one of last year’s ghosts to see campus come back to life just as he was leaving.

In the bar I talked with people whose names I should have known, but had somehow forgotten. Ned spoke with someone I couldn’t see, and then vanished. I was informed that while the fat at the front of my torso is too firm to be enjoyable, the fat at the sides of my torso is of the finest quality.

Only one question remains: “What now?”

No comments: