Monday, September 08, 2003

Fiddly Jobs (Redux)

Well, my hunt for a job to allow my decadent London lifestyle to continue goes on. Last week I applied for a job as English Heritage’s hired research goon. Today I applied for a remarkably similar job with the Mary Evans Picture Library. As the Mary Evans Picture Library is in the part of London marked “here be dragons” on maps, I’m hoping to get the English Heritage one. The Picture Library also wanted a hand-written letter of application. Grrrrr.

In the paper yesterday there was an ad for a job at a “Cartoon Gallery” in SW1. Could this be my way to get a more humorous job than Tom The Elizabethan Sailor?

Today’s fiddly job was going through the bibliography and making sure that everything was referenced according to the UCL standards, and in alphabetical order. This time next week, my work on the dissertation will be no more. This is a good thing.

Apparently my sister ran 10k in 65 minutes, which sounds pretty good.

No comments: