Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dreaming Darkly Of Craven Cottage

I'm not sure I've ever been so worried about a football match that it worried my sleep before. Last night, however, I was dreaming about today. My subconscious has some good verisimilitude, because it didn't have me at the match, it had me sat in front of my computer watching the automatic updates on Yahoo! Sport. As I recall, Fulham simultaneously won and lost the match.

In real life, I don't think I'll be able to take watching the automatic updates or listening on the radio. I shall walk around Sefton Park with my iPod, and will only turn on the media once the results are in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooohooooooooooooooooo! Despite being the least sports-interested member of Family OB, even I made sure I was home in time for MOTD today (after paying to take part in a pub quiz which my team won but were also the only people to go home empty-handed from. Go figure. But it does mirror Reading's fate today, I guess).
But I thought you were a Stockport County man, Ste?

Stephen said...

Less so since I left Stockport, and football's all about family traditions, isn't it?

I did notice that Stockport got a 1-1 away draw in the first bit of the play-offs though, so they may get to visit Wembly this year.

TM said...

Equally thrillingly, Hitchin Town have managed to dodge relegation from the British Gas Southern League Premier Division!