Friday, May 07, 2004

Back In The DHSS

You don't know how lucky you are, boys...

Yes, I am onvce again going to sign on. Not because I want or need the money, y'see, but to protect my National Insurance stamp. My Dad says that this is A Good Idea. And if your Dad says something...

I have signed up with some temp agencies while I come up with an archaeological CV. I am spending a lot of time watching TV. My exposure to TV again after six months is strange: all my TV-cynicism seems to have dissapated. I find that Yakult ad strangely moving. I also spend a lot of time watching the "UK History" Channel. Last week was 'Hitler week'. "That'll make a nice change", I thought.

Be impressed, for I have also put a new hard drive in my computer all by myself. I was impressed that Windows 98 partitioned and formatted the drive for me, despite claiming that this was something it most certainly would not do. As I can now burn CDs again, some of you can expect compilations off me. If you want one, send me a postal address and wait for me to do something about it.

I should also report that I achieved #14 on my List of Things To Do, spendfing one night before I left London getting drunk in Lowlanders. It was the first time I'd seen her in two years, but we picked iup right where we left off, with her laughing (sorry, "smiling") at my life. I had missed that. Hopefully it won't take two years to do it again.

The tedious AHRB application process is over! They have got my form at last! Look out fdor further highly interesting updates on this matter!

No comments: